Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Slight Computer Problem

I'm having trouble with my cursor - frozen on the screen after two Restores. I don't use a mouse, a trackpad instead, although maybe a mouse would work. Judging by what the computer told me, however, I think it's misplaced the files that store the cursor images, or something like that.

What that means is, I've slowly figured out some of the "HotKeys" and how to use "Tab" and "Shift-Tab" and arrow keys, and that's pretty slow. The typing is fine, obviously, but paging through each webpage from the top of Internet Explorer is a pain. I've googled a little, but so far have just mostly found things like "Reboot in Safe Mode," which I don't want to do unless necessary, and I've found lots of items for frozen cursors on Macs! Will have to look into this a little more. In the meantime, I keep trying to grab the cursor so I can scroll down the page.

So things may be slow for awhile, we'll have to see. Now that I'm in the typing window for entering all this text, there doesn't seem to be a way to get to spell-check or add photo!

No comments: