Saturday, April 18, 2009

This Site Worth: Variable Amounts

My blog posting has been going rather slowly these days, compared to an average of about one-per day back in January. I'm going to blame that on micro-blogging, at least for now. And what are the effects?

Well, check this out! When I had this website evaluated by stimater.com in early February, it was worth $25,401!


I just had it re-valued, and it's only worth $266 today. :(


The lesson here? Buy this site now before the price goes back up!

First seen at Oustside the Interzone back in February.

Warning, I had to do fairly major html changes to make their little badge thingy work properly.

5 comments:

Lockwood said...

Interesting... I think they must have changed their algorithm. My blog was worth 2700 something then, and is worth $82 now, despite the fact my traffic has increased substantially. Another possibility is that it's actually weighted by some market values, which presumably are down drastically over the last couple of months. Though a factor of 30-100 seems extreme.

Silver Fox said...

I guess we've entered a deflationary cycle in the blog world. Which means that we're both a bargain for any blog-type investor (not that I'd sell for such a measly amount!).

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

LOL! Mine is worth $81. Although my Nature Network blog is worth $66,135 (I suspect they may be pulling some stats, e.g. traffice, from the whole domain, not just my blog!).

Silver Fox said...

That's a pretty high rating for *your* Nature blog, Cath! Maybe you could siphon some moolah somehow, and retire. ;)

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

I wish!