Saturday, December 27, 2008

RoadTrip Update: Holidays below the Flatirons

Posting and commenting has nearly fallen by the wayside while I sit and bask in the sun and clouds and wind of the Rocky Mountain Front Range. So far, I still haven't climbed up to the base of the giant Flatiron outcrops, not only because the visiting schedule here has been intense, or at least full, but also because I have caught one of those nasty holiday viruses. This one may have come all the way from Alaska, or maybe it came from Nevada, Utah, or Colorado! Hopefully it will be in retreat by the time I need to head back home.
I've had some nice relaxing times sitting by the tree and gazing out the window...
...and have also gotten out and about a bit. The tree above was in the two-story lobby of the Hotel Boulderado, a fancy old European-style hotel and a great place to eat.

Hope you all are having good holidays!

3 comments:

Lockwood said...

That is gorgeous! Sorry to hear that your holiday has been undermined by a virus. One of my nephews had a persistent, hacking cough, and I think I may have caught it. But most often for me, cold and flu don't really seem to take me down too hard... I don't feel well, I cough and sniffle, but I'm not incapacitated. As I get older though, my recovery time has gotten longer and longer.

Lockwood said...

just picking up "follow up comments."

Silver Fox said...

I'm going to have to travel with this bug; hopefully my energy will come back shortly!