Sunday, July 6, 2008

California Fires

Multiple fires are still burning in California - including some that are no doubt smoking up our home at the lake - and this is what it looks like from our hiking hill above town looking south into the southern Egan Range. It's been variably hazy for a couple weeks now, including the entire time our visitors from Alaska were here. Sometimes you couldn't see across the 8-mile-wide valley to the Schell Creek Range. We were fortunate that the days we spent at Wheeler Peak were clear, with nice thin air, and relatively less haze than many other recent days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I like your blog and the pictures you post.

I spend most of my time in a small room surrounded by books, papers, and computers. But we try to take a lot of car trips to interesting places because I like being in the great outdoors (even though between my kids and me we are allergic to just about everything).

Silver Fox said...

Thanks, science cog, it's good to hear kind words.

I love the outdoors, too, and am currently not spending all that much time outside while working, so we take trips and hike when we can. Also, occasionally we actually go home!