Thursday, May 29, 2008

Libations


I took coconino's recent advice and went out for some libations, this time going to a fairly new (or newly reopened) restaurant. I'm not sure these are the kinds of libations she was thinking of - first some iced tea with lunch...


... then a nice, thick, chocolaty milkshake done the old-fashioned way.

I decided this add for gold in the TV screen might qualify this as a geological post, but maybe not.

After that -- to continue on with the day, which has involved errands, and now a little more computer nonsense, and will shortly have me packing for another road trip -- I was inspired by the coffee mentioned recently at Geology Happens and Dynamic Earth, and so I made a very strong brew, back at our little house. And the day goes on...

7 comments:

EcoGeoFemme said...

I think a milkshake can be almost as satisfying as a beer. mmmmmm.

coconino said...

Even better if they have a little malt in them...chocolate malts are the best!

I swear I recognize the decor in your libation locations...fond memories of much time spent in eastern Nevada.

Silver Fox said...

The decor probably hasn't changed anywhere around here for years, although it seems like the overhead lamps change sometimes.

Alaska Al said...

As good as a beer? Ecogeofemme has been out in the noon day sun too many times without a hat. But just to make sure that is not just a mere personal opinion, I will take a poll at the Moose's Tooth this evening as I sip my second IPA and wade through a large spicy chicken salad.

Silver Fox said...

Alaska Al, I guess you will have to enform us mere Outsiders (lower 48-ers) what an IPA beer is! And don't be too rough on us poor desert rats for having so much more sun than you do! (Although we are having late winter right now.)

P.S. MOH wonders if you've had your head stuck in an iceberg without a hat for too long, but I'm not sure why he's wondering that!

Alaska Al said...

IPA stands for India Pale Ale. It was invented by the Brits for transportation by ship from England to India during the days prior to reliable refrigeration. It is a husky, hoppy brew. The Moose's Tooth is well know for its IPA, which is recognized in Good Beer Guide West Coast USA including Las Vegas, Alaska and
Hawaii. Sorry, desert outposts are not included.

Silver Fox said...

Thanks, Alaska Al, for keeping us informed on beers - it sounds like you are well-versed on the subject! I'm pretty sure that a number of my readers have at least a passing interest in good beer.

At Middlegate Junction - see recent post - the best brew, IMOH, is the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (bottled, not on tap) - in case you happen to be passing through sometime.