Saturday, April 3, 2010

In the Field Again (Take Two)

Yes, I'm in the field again, as many of you have gleaned from here and there (and elsewhere) updates and postings.

The field in this instance is a fairly short drive from our little house in the hinterland of eastern Nevada, and the field is an all-day outdoor affair. Although I nominally work a 10 hour day, with drive time and meetup-with-the-drillers time, it's more like an 11.5 hour day on many days, less on some, more on others. I'm left with scant time for blogging and other communication, but we'll see how it goes. I have some drafts that I might be able to post, and possibly I can post some other things depending on evening, morning, and weekend time.

I've been working an unusual 6 on and 1 off schedule, modified this week to 5 and 2 in honor of the Easter weekend. With the extra spare time, I'll be able to drive MOH to his winter mountaineering area without having to leave at 5:00 in the morning. I'll also have enough time - I hope - to get my taxes done.


Reminds me of a song:
In the field again, I got to get back in the field again, the life I love is in the field with my friends...

2 comments:

hgg said...

Hey, great to hear you're back in business. I'm not big on blogging these days, but I do follow & read!

Silver Fox said...

Hgg, good to hear from you! What's up? :)