Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm a Doer?

What am I doing?

This little personality quiz, based on the writing on one's blog or website, was pointed out recently by Suvrat at Reporting on a Revolution. The website analyzer can be found here. The analysis is based on the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator test or the Keirsey Sorter. I'm supposed to come out INFP, but my blog comes out ESTP. (Actually, since the first time I took the assessment in the early 1990's, I have come out all over the place, apparently depending on my mood or something like that.)

ESTP: the active and playful type. They are especially attuned to people and things around them and often full of energy, talking, joking and engaging in physical out-door activities. The Doers are happiest with action-filled work which craves their full attention and focus. They might be very impulsive and more keen on starting something new than following it through. They might have a problem with sitting still or remaining inactive for any period of time.
As I write this, I'm not feeling particularly active or playful, and am not full of energy. I probably am overly attuned to people, although that doesn't always help me do or say the right thing. I do occasionally work outdoors (surprise, I'm a geologist!). I almost always spell occasionally wrong, but that apparently isn't part of the test. I don't know if the test would give different results for different posts, or if it's just set up for a whole website. I will warn you that they save your site and results, although I can't really think why, unless they really think their analysis means something.

12 comments:

Suvrat Kher said...

Silver Fox- a friend writes identical posts on Wordpress and blogger and his two blogs got placed in two entirely different categories by Typealyzer. apparently he is a thinker on Wordpress and a doer on Blogger :-)

Silver Fox said...

Suvrat, apparently this thing is making it's way around the science blogs, and no one is happy!

chall said...

hm, I am not sure what to make of it. Granted though, I don't write about my thoughts on everything - but rather "science and job related stuff" but still... My blog came out ESFP. Let's just say that my MBtype is INFJ most of the times I've taken the test.

then again, maybe the blog represent the part of me that is a "preformer"?? However, I know for a fact that noone who knows me would argue that I ["live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead"]. They wish ;) I'm a planner of great proportion.

Very nice blog btw. I like the toppics posted.

Arctic-mermaid said...

Yeah, my blog rated the same as you. And as memory serves is much the same as what the full blown test indicates about me.

very interesting analysis.

Silver Fox said...

Chall, thanks for reading and commenting. Glad you like my blog!

Arctic-Mermaid, so far your blog is the only one coming out the same as what people report having gotten from a MB test. I guess the rest of us are just imposters, or have imposter syndrome, or something.

Probably it's just a lot easier to write than it is to answer all those long sets of questions for the original tests!

Arctic-mermaid said...

Maybe my blog is reflecting my personality accurately because I mean it to be a place for family and friends who already know me. I am myself there. I normally pull out a photo I want to share, then sit and immediately type out some words. No planning or forethought most of the time. I don't even worry about typos (Well, at first I didn't see where to edit them. Hahaha.

PhizzleDizzle said...

That looks fascinating!! I will have to try it.

And Abreva seems to have worked! Woohoo!

Silver Fox said...

PhD, glad that worked. It was MOH who found it for me. (Did you know your name could be abbreviated that way?)

PhizzleDizzle said...

Fo shizzle, I did! It was intentional :).

Silver Fox said...

Wow, that was fast!

PhizzleDizzle said...

Haha!! I'm doing my noon-ish email check - and it just popped up. I'm not actually as glued to my email as this response time implies...

Silver Fox said...

Now, if FeedBurner would just pick up my new post, I'd be happy!