Monday, June 15, 2009

Mid-Monthly Art: North Window

The North Window

This is a water-color painting of the North Window at Arches National Park, which I completed in 2002. The little shadowy people in the window are supposed to represent MOH and I; they are there to add an approximate scale.

Getting the color intensity and balance just right on digital photos of original artwork is somewhat imprecise. This rendition is as close as I could come. Original artwork on a one-quarter sheet of watercolor paper.

Copyright © 2009 Looking for Detachment.
Original work Copyright © 2002.
All Rights Reserved.

7 comments:

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

Its beautiful!!

Lockwood said...

I second ReBecca; it's lovely!

Silver Fox said...

Thank you muchly!

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

I'm immensely impressed! Good work!

Silver Fox said...

Thanks, Cath. I'm going to try to post one a month and see how that goes. I had thought of one a week, but that might be too much!

coconino said...

Wow. That's an incredibly lovely painting. It really captures the brilliance and wonder of the location. Thanks much for sharing it with us. You're very talented.

Silver Fox said...

Thanks, Coconino!