Sunday, January 25, 2009

Solution!

Long ago back during the summer, I had accidentally published the draft of "What Kind of Geologist" for long enough for my original feed to get updated, and long enough for the post to get picked up by AllGeo. That means that when I went to republish it with the same name, Blogger thought it was the same post and wouldn't recognize it except with it's original date.

So, after trying several things like just changing the name, I finally created an entirely new post with a slightly different name, copying the content over into the html editor of Create Posts. And because I already had 3 comments on the post, I copied them onto the new "What Kind of Geologist? Revisited" post.

And then I deleted the original post because it was entirely messy having so many posts around with the same name (almost), one of which was showing a date of July something in Google Reader. Anyway - Remember not to use the Same Title!!

Will my FeedBurner now transfer to Google? Who knows?

6 comments:

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

I can see you in my google reader

PhizzleDizzle said...

it sounds like i caused you a lot of trouble!!! :(:( sorry :).

Chris R said...

Glad you solved it... although I can still change the feed settings for the 'allgeo' feed if you like...

Robert Huber said...

The blogger standard feed link at the bottom of your blog shows some strange numbers in its url:
http://highway8a.blogspot.com/feeds/329514929569613169/comments/default

this feed shows only 3 entries...

Strange: delete these numbers and it returns much more :
http://highway8a.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default

Silver Fox said...

PD - really, no problem except that I didn't understand the blogger feed completely, so made a mistake.

ReBecca - I'm baaaacckk!

Silver Fox said...

Robert, the three feeds you see include the two standard feeds associated with blogger, the rss feed and the atom feed. The one with all the numbers is the post comment feed for this post and only shows these particular comments. The other one you mentioned is the feed for all the comments made on all the posts.

CJR, thanks for checking in - I don't think anyone's settings need to be changed, I think I just need to not use the same post title again, even one from a previously deleted post! Don't know how other places handle deleted posts, like wordpress.