Thursday, September 18, 2008

An Award

Quite awhile back, just after I returned from that far northerly state mentioned in many recent posts, I was given a bloggy award by Wayfarer Scientista, who has a great website that you-all should check out sometime. As Wayfarer so succinctly states:

This award was created by Esey from Uruguay to celebrate blogs that are art and commentary. She (Esey) translates the saying "Arte y Pico" as


"Wow. The Best Art. Over the top."


I feel quite amazed, as well as humble, to receive this award, which I can only imagine has something to do with my fine character and - maybe my photos, or the great but subtle use of green in my blog layout?

Anyway, the rules for this particular award, if one wants to post the weird swooping angel thing (as EcoGeoFemme at The Happy Scientist called it), is to pass on the award to five more deserving blogs.

My choices are:
1. Geotripper
2. Three Months on the Long Mountain
3. Magma Cum Laude
4. Roads of Stone
5. Clastic Detritus

Rules for the Arte y Pico award as follows:

1. Pick five blogs that you consider deserve this award for creativity, design, and interesting material and also contribute to the blogger community regardless of language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given him/her the award itself.
4. Award winners and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of the Arte-y-Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of the award. http://arteypico.blogspot.com/
5) In compliance with said rules, the award winner must show these rules.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, Silver Fox. I really appreciate the vote of support, and I'll keep the writing coming. I look forward to reading more great writing here, too.

Kind regards from London.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!